Photographic Exhibition at the Poplars Garden Centre
We finished our first 2 day photographic exhibition at Poplars today (Sunday 4th) having had a great time meeting the public and maintaining a VERY busy portrait studio.
The exhibition included some 50 mounted prints, plus slideshows of Digital Images and a number of AVs.
A highlight of the exhibition was the Portrait Studio where some 38 families had photos of family groups, children and several dogs taken – and printed.
The prints raised charitable donations of some £215 for the Poplars “Greenfingers” childrens charity.
Poplars were delighted with the favourable reports of the exhibition and would like to host further LBPC events – possibly including a “pet portrait day”.
Chairman Mike Kitchingman said:-
“I’d like to offer my personal thanks to;
- Dave Gillow, our printing guru,
- Martin Wood, for photography and studio lighting,
- Geoff Hawkins, who set up and maintained the onscreen AVs and PDI’s,
- Sally Kitchingman, for all the setting up of hanging equipment, collating prints, signs, etc.,
- Tricia and Graham Meers, for herding customers and general help and assistance,
- Roger Gage, ditto,
- Paul Searle, ditto,
- Sue Brinkworth, ditto,
- Bernie Raffe, for supplying the camera and other equipment.
And all the others who helped in their own way, supplying prints for display etc.,
If I’ve left anyone out I apologise, unreservedly.
Above all a hearty thanks to Mikala and the staff and management of Poplars Garden Centre.”
We should also acknowledge the very considerable contribution which Mike made himself.