XRR Visions is run by XRR Photographic Society – Watford. It is a projected digital image trophy competition aimed at individual competitors from any PAGB affiliated club. There is the option however for 3 individuals from a club to be registered as a club team for a separate trophy.
Select your best three images and give it a go. If you do decide to enter as an individual, please let the LBPC External Competitions Co-Ordinator know so that your entries can be considered for the LBPC Club entry.
Season 2020-21 Entry Details
- Organiser: XRR Photographic Society
- Type: Individual & Club (Please cc images to LBPCExtComps@gmail.com)
- Date: Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Place: Streaming via Zoom. See Club Programme for details.
- Entry Deadline: 4th November 2020
- Entry Fee: £3 per individual
- Info: XRR VISIONS is a projected digital image trophy competition aimed at individual competitors from any PAGB affiliated club. There is the option however for 3 individuals from a club to be registered as a club team for a separate trophy.
The global pandemic has greatly impacted our lives and our club activities, but thank goodness we can still meet and share our mutual interest on online platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc. XRR has therefore adapted its VISIONS competition for 2020 and made the following changes:
- The audio-visual, slideshow sequences of the pre-judged images will be shared directly with members and available for entrants to view in advance of the final (e.g. as unlisted videos on YouTube).
- The final will be held as a Zoom meeting and the guest judge will critique and score the tie-breaker images live.
- The winner of the individual trophy will receive the trophy by post.
- The Club Trophy, currently held by Oxford Photographic Society, will be forwarded to the winning club.
- The entry fee is reduced to £3 per entrant. There is no additional fee to register a club team.
What are your very best images of last season? As a previous entrant to XRR Visions, it’s a good time to be thinking about selecting your three best images for entry into XRR’s annual trophy competition. Information about the competition, including the competition rules, can be found here:
Online submission of entries and payment of the entry fee(£3) is via Ian Hooker’s CCComp website (please note that the first image to enter should be your tiebreaker):
The guest judge for the competition is Richard Speirs DPAGB APAGB BPE2* and the closing date for entries is Wednesday, 4th November. The final for VISIONS will be held via Zoom on Wednesday, 25th November, and all entrants will be invited to attend.
After 25 years of XRR Pre-Visions, XRR VISIONS is in its 10th year. I hope that you will again be inspired to enter our competition with its unique and entertaining format. Remember to save the best of the best image for the final live judging, as it may turn out to be a tiebreaker for the individual trophy and/or the prestigious Club trophy.