Election of Club Officers
The following Club Officers were elected for 2022-23:
- Chairman – Tim Crabb
- Vice Chairman – Paul Needham
- Treasurer – Graham Meers
- Vice Treasurer – Dave Gillow
- Secretary – Sue Brinkworth
- Programme Secretaries (joint) – Carol Curd and Tricia Meers (for the 2022-23 season, but they will be stepping down after that)
Election of Club Committee
The Club Officers all serve on the Club Committee ex officio. Additional club members were elected and the membership of the Club Committee is as follows:
- Tim Crabb
- Paul Needham
- Graham Meers
- Dave Gillow
- Sue Brinkworth
- Carol Curd
- Tricia Meers
- Tim Gould
- Malcolm Guy
- Philip Eade
- Mark Eve
- David Manning
- Mike Kitchingman
Appointment of Voluntary Positions
The following members were appointed to Voluntary Positions for 2022-23:
- External PDI Competitions Co-ordinator – Graham Meers
- External PDI Competitions Assistant – Tim Gould
- Rosebowl Competition Co-ordinator – David Manning
- Rosebowl Competition Assistant – Tim Gould
- Print Competitions Co-ordinator – Graham Meers
- Projectionist/Zoom and PDI Competitions Co-ordinator – Paul Needham
- Projectionist/Zoom and PDI Competitions Assistants – Geoff Hawkins, Mark Eve
- Website Content Author/Editor – Paul Needham
- Website Assistants –Sally Kitchingman, Wendy Taylor, Rob Delahunty, Philip Eade, Mark Eve, Malcolm Guy, John Curd (distribution of duties to be determined)
- Website Technical Administrator – John Terry
- Facebook Administrator (Public Brand page) – Paul Needham
- Facebook Administrators (Private Group) –Tim Gould, Martin Wood
- Club Reporter – Patrick Linford
Annual subscriptions will remain unchanged for the 2022-23 season.
From the start of the coming 2022-23 season on 7 September, the Club will return to physical meetings at Greenleas School. Some speakers, however, will be Zooming in.
The entry charge will remain at £3.00. Members will be required to bring their own drinks, but biscuits will be provided. There will be raffles!
From the start of the coming 2022-23 season, print competitions will resume. Accordingly, the Club will run the customary internal competitions:
- the Print and Digital Image Championships
- the Print and Digital Image Portfolio Competitions
- the biennial Howard Morris Trophy for black and white prints
- the Print and Digital Image of the Season Competitions
As usual the league-style Print and Digital Image Championships (with Section One for advanced photographers and Section Two for beginners and improvers) will comprise six competition evenings in the season, three of which will be Open and three of which will have set subjects.
For the 2022-23 season, the set subjects will be Weather, Negative Space, and Long Exposure. (Dates for the competitions, and definitions of the set subjects, will appear in the Club Programme.)
For the 2023-24 season, the set subjects will be Peace, Square Format, and Transport.
Rules for these competitions are set out in the Competitions pages of our website.
The club and/or individual members will also be able to enter a variety of external digital image and print competitions, including the CACC Rosebowl and the Two Hemispheres International Competition.
On Saturday 2 July, at All Saints Parish Church Summer Fete, we will be exhibiting some of the pictures taken in and around the church for our second location challenge back in February.