Last Wednesday (23 February) we hosted Whitchurch Hill CC (near Pangbourne) and Park Street CC (near St Albans) in the Third Round of the annual CACC (Chilterns Association of Camera Clubs) Rosebowl Competition.
The Rosebowl is the CACCs premier inter-club competition. It is a Projected Digital Images competition and consists of a series of three “rounds”, run from October to February, in which random groups of three or four clubs are matched against each other. 28 clubs are participating this season.
For each match, each club submits 15 images. The images are marked out of 20 and, after all the images have been marked, points are allocated to each of the clubs according to their order by marks awarded – 5, 3, 2, and 1 point for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place respectively.
The twelve CACC clubs with the most points after all three rounds then contest the Final. LBPC was runner up in 2017-18 but failed to reach the Final last year.
The judge for this Third Round event was Colin Southgate FRPS DPGAB from Harpenden, an experienced professional photographer and veteran CACC judge.
After Colin had carefully considered and marked all the images, the marks were tallied and the results were as follows
- 1st – Park Street CC with 279 marks – 5 points
- 2nd – Leighton Buzzard PC with 265 marks – 3 points
- 3rd – Whitchurch Hill CC with 248 marks – 2 point
The top scoring images were
- “Perfect Poise in Pink” by John Jennings (Park Street CC) – 20 marks plus a star
- “Zebra Eye” by Jon Cruise (Leighton Buzzard PC) – 20 marks plus a star
- “Blue Tailed Bee Eaters” – by Terry Godber (Leighton Buzzard PC) – 20 marks
- “Tano Bora” – by Jacqui Taylor (Park Street CC) – 20 marks
- “Bearded Barge Master” – by John Jennings (Park Street CC) – 20 marks
The Final will take place on the CACC Rosebowl Day on 10 April 2022.
For details of the competition rules CLICK HERE.
If you didn’t know, you can also post your comments at the bottom of the page. Engage with other Members and share your thoughts on the entries and judging.
NB: Members can watch the competition in full on the ‘Members Only’ section of the website.