For each match, each club submits 15 images. The images are marked out of 20 and, after all the images have been marked, points are allocated to each of the clubs according to their order by marks awarded – 5, 3, 2, and 1 points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place respectively.
The twelve CACC clubs with the most points after all three rounds then contest the Rosebowl Final.
26 clubs are participating in the Rosebowl this season. LBPC reached the Final last year, finishing seventh.
The judge for this First Round event was Lloyd Moore DPAGB BPE4*, a part-time professional photographer, a Past-President of the Watford Camera Club, and a very experienced CACC judge.
After Lloyd had carefully considered and marked all the images, the marks were tallied and the results were as follows
- 1st – Leighton Buzzard PC with 270 marks – 5 points
- 2nd – Pinner CC with 254 marks – 3 points
- 3rd – Harpenden PS with 249 marks – 2 points
- 4th – Hemel Hempstead PS with 239 marks – 1 point
The top scoring images were
- “44 Leads on the Track” by Terry Godber (Leighton Buzzard PC) – 20 marks plus a star
- “The Other Day at the Salon” by Wendy Taylor (Leighton Buzzard PC) – 20 marks plus a star
- “The Centre of the Universe Falling into Stonehenge” – by Colin Sharp (Pinner CC) – 20 marks
The Final will take place on the CACC Rosebowl Day on Sunday 23 April 2023.