1. Visions is a projected image trophy competition for individuals and any member of a PAGB affiliated club may enter. Entry will be limited to circa 100 individuals (circa 300 images in all) on a first come basis.
2. Clubs may pre-designate three of their participating members as a club team for which there will be a separate trophy
3. Each entrant must submit 3 images in JPEG format and sRGB colour space with a max height of 1050 pixels and max width of 1400 pixels. All elements of the images must be derived from the original photographic work of the entrant. Images which have previously been entered into an XRR Visions or Pre-Visions event in any format are not eligible. Entry assigns reproduction rights of the submitted files to XRR Photographic Society for use in the promotion of the Visions series of competitions.
4. Images will be judged on a pictorial basis by a single judge. The first two images from each entrant will be prejudged and the result shown at the start of the event. The third image from each entrant will be judged live at the event to determine both individual and club trophy winners.
5. Entry via the web site is preferred. This process requires only the image title as the image file name e.g. “Spaceship.jpg”.
6. If and only if submission is on CD/DVD or by e-mail, each image should bear a file name as follows:
Category – Class – Entrant – Title ( note that there is a space on either side of each hyphen)
where Category is either “Individual” for those entering solely as an individual or “Name of Club” for those individuals also pre-designated as club representatives. Class is either “Open” for the two images which will be pre-judged or “Final” for the third image which will be judged live at the Visions event and which will be used as a tie breaker (see 7 below). (Note: the option exists to re-categorise an individual as a club team participant after their initial individual entry)
7. The winner of the individual trophy will be based on aggregate score of the individual’s 3 images. The winner of the club trophy will be based on aggregate score of the club’s 9 images. In the event of a tie for either the Final images of the individuals and/or the three Final images of clubs will be shown again for the judge’s choice of a single best image.
8. Entry fee is £5 per individual. There is no additional fee for a club entry. All entries must be submitted by the published closing date.
9. The preferred method of submission is by the web. For web entry, access http://www.cccomp.org.uk/html/visions.html . Enter images by clicking the “Submit” box and make payment by clicking the “Pay” box to pay by PayPal, using your credit or debit card. For mail entries, forward a disc containing all fully titled image files, as above, and a cheque, payable to XRR PS, to: Bill Cooper, 34A Kingsfield Road, Watford, WD19 4TR.