Full minutes will be made available in due course. In the meantime, here are the news headlines.
The following club Officers were elected:
- Chairman – Mike Kitchingman;
- Vice Chairman – Dave Gillow;
- Treasurer – Dave Gillow;
- Vice Treasurer – Sally Kitchingman;
- Secretary – Sue Brinkworth;
- Programme Secretary – Mike Kitchingman.
The Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary all serve on the Club Committee ex officio. Additional club members were elected and the membership of the Club Committee is as follows:
- Mike Kitchingman;
- David Gillow;
- Sue Brinkworth;
- Tim Gould;
- Geoff Hawkins;
- Paul Measor;
- Paul Needham;
- Graham Meers.
- Barbara Fleming
The following members were appointed to Voluntary Positions:
- Print Co-ordinator – Paul Measor;
- Deputy Print Co-ordinator – Phil Hunter;
- Print Handler – Phil Hunter;
- External Competitions Co-ordinator – Vacant;
- External Competitions Assistant – Barbara Fleming;
- Trainee External Competitions Assistant – Vacant;
- Projectionist and PDI Co-ordinator – Geoff Hawkins and Paul Needham;
- Website Manager – Paul Needham;
- Website Assistants – Geoff Hawkins and Tim Gould;
- Website Technical Administrator – John Terry;
- Club Reporter – Patrick Linford;
- Weekly Refreshments Organiser – Paul Searle;
- Social Events Organiser – Hilary Clarke.
Annual subscriptions will remain unchanged.
- Annual Subscription Standard £60 Full Season (£35 Half Season);
- Annual Subscription Concession £50 Full Season (£30 Half Season);
- Annual Subscription Family £100 Full Season (£55 Half Season);
However, the weekly entry fee will be increased from £2 to £3. The additional £1 charge will go into a ring-fenced “equipment fund” to build up the necessary reserves to purchase a new projector and laptop in 2-3 years’ time.
Details of next season’s programme of meetings can be found in the Programme Calendar on the club website. The first meeting will be on Wednesday 5 September 2018. This will be a “Welcome Back” meeting when we look forward to welcoming old and new members and reviewing the coming season’s Programme. It will also be an opportunity to see some of the pictures members have taken over the summer break.
The first internal competition of the new season will be on Wednesday 19 September 2018 and will, as usual, be an Open competition.
Print and Digital Image Championships
The club will continue to run the two league-style competitions for prints and digital images, with two “sections” in each (Section One for advanced photographers and Section Two for beginners and improvers). As usual, there will be six competition evenings in the season, three of which will be Open and three of which will have set subjects.
For the 2018-2019 season, the set subjects are Heritage, Natural Abstracts, and Shadows. (Dates for the competitions and definitions of the set subjects can now be found in the Programme Calendar and the Competitions Section on the website.)
For the 2019-2020 season, the set subjects will be People, Geometric, and Yellow.
Rules for all the club competitions are set out in the Members Handbook in the members part of the club website.
The position of External Competitions Co-ordinator remains vacant as no one has volunteered to replace Tim Gould (who has stepped down from the role after several years).
This means that currently LBPC will be unable to enter any external competitions as a club next season. (CACC will need be notified shortly if nobody steps forward to take up this position.)